The lifestyle of Christ Jesus, who the holy spirit, through Apostle Paul, described, as “the power of God and the wisdom of God” (1cor.1:24), lived and demonstrated the highest characteristic divine lifestyle, that is unprecedented and incomparable peerless in all ramifications, far beyond human compression.
Paul the Apostle Opinion on the Lifestyle of Jesus Christ
In the book of Hebrews, the writer of that divine book, gave us an analytical and expository high priestly work of Christ that is second to none. He described Jesus Christ as “the author and finisher of our faith” (I.e, He, is the divine pacesetter and accomplisher of the only faith that can please God. And take any human being to heaven (heb. 12:2).
He made everything
The holy bible made us to know and understand, that every thing about the creation of all visible and invisible things in heaven and on earth, originated and culminates in Christ Jesus, (col.1:15-17; jn1:1-3). Therefore, it is very important to take an inventory into the lifestyle of this supernatural incarnation God man, based on man’s finite knowledge about him.
No human tongue can easily probe into the very heart , mind thought realm, and nature of the Lord Jesus Christ; but we can delve into it a glimpse manner based on his own personal description of himself and re -emphasized by his inspired Apostles in their epistles, generally.
JESUS CHRIST PERSONAL ASSESSMENT OF HIMSELF
Jesus Christ, personally, gave us, the component or content of His inner being , and the nature of His own lifestyle in this amazing manner ” come unto me, all that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. take my yoke upon you, and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly hearted: and ye shall find rest unto your souls” (matt. 11:28-29)
A GRAPHIC EXAMPLE OF THE LIFESTYLE OF CHRIST JESUS, HUMANLY SPEAKING.
By all standard and ramifications, Jesus Christ was:
- very meek and lowly I.e, he was very humble, simple, broadminded and gentle, ( Phil.2:5-8)
- He was extremely loving, kind, merciful and compassionate to all who came across his way or have contact with him, no matter their ugly, down trodden and less privileged position in the society or as a social outcasts in the community, where they dwell ( LK. 17: 12-14, matt. 28:1-3, Lk. 7:11-15).
- He was not violent, troublesome or a formenter of public uproar, but rather a peace maker, a mediator and a Reconciliator of warring parties (Lk. 23:1-12, 18:2-11; Eph.2:11-18).
The bible said in (Hebrew 7:26) that he was holy, harmless and separated from sinners. He was an epitome of gentleness and peace!
- He was not an avenger, revenger, or a Retaliator but forgiver of all that did him the most terrible and heinous cruelty and an unprecedented wickedness ever before heard of from time immemorial (Lk. 23:33-34), and he also taught his disciples to do the same (matt.5:43-45).
- Even though he possessed all the divine attributes and holy characteristics of God head, yet, he was not haughty, arrogant, proud or an egoist; but made himself of no reputation nor thought it robbery to be egual wirh God phil.2:5-7). He never exalted himself, even though all power in theaven and on earth had been given to him ( matt.28:18)
- He was totally committed and dedicated to do the perfect will of God His father alone, while he was here on earth in the flesh. (Jn. 5:30; 8:29, matt. 26:39)
- He made the work of his father a top priority above anything else in his life’s time physically. (In.9:4, 3:31-34)
- It was his complete nature to mercifully, lovingly and compassionately good to all and sundry on daily bases (Act.10:38; mk.3:6-12)
- Jesus was not a law breaker but a strict keeper of the whole kaws of God, as written in the old Testament theology. For instance, he paid his tax to the lawful authorities (matt.17:24-27). He usually attend the Jewish ceremonial festivals, including matrimonial festivies (jn.9:1-39, jh.2:1-11 He was a friend to all categories of peoples.
- Jesus Christ was not a tribalistic, clanish, racist, or discriminatory, empty and a mere religionist, but, a broadminded, accommodating and universal lover of people. (Matt.11:28-30; jn.6:37; mk. 3:6-12) And, in actual fact, his chiefest mission into this sinful world was to redeem and save all humanity from sin, satanic and demonic powers, physical sufferings, and God’s terrible judgment (mk. 10:45, Lk.19:10; matt.1:21).
OUR DUTIES TO CHRIST JESUS
Believing in, and accepting Jesus Christ; as the substitute for your sin, and saviour of your soul, from God’s wrath and eternal judgment; would afford you, the privilege and golden opportunities, to benefit from the holiness, purity, mercy, love, blessings, sound health, salvation from sin; etc. which, Christ possessed, offer and is willingly ready to those who call on his name and put their trust in him! He stand by your side and he is knocking at the door of your heart to come in. Open it to him. (Rev.3:20)
Any person whose lifestyle, conduct, behavior, character and holy zeal for God’s work and obedience to God’s commandments does not reflect and emulate Christ Jesus, is not of his own. Are you one of his own?
It is only his holy spirit that can help you do just that. If you are devoid of his spirit, then, you are not of his own.
The lifestyle of Jesus Christ is a lifestyle worthy of emulation by all.
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.JESUS CHRIST